Saturday, May 25, 2013

Worklife

It's been seven months since I've started working and it has been one roller coaster ride. It is a combination of all types of emotion you could think of. Allow me to enumerate to you some of the events in my life in the past few months together with the general feeling thatI had.

1. EXCITEMENT
New employee =New environment = New Life =  New Friend/s
There is this enthusiasm for me to share all the things I've learned. More than that is the joy to be working with other IEs. During the initial stages, I am very curious as to how does it feel to be working; to be earning and to be spending to support yourself;
to be working with people of different age, size and race.

2. FEAR
Since you've sold yourself to your employer, they have high expections. I might not been able to meet some of it but, I always try to improve and perform at my best.

Another is from the group you are working with. I was new and trying my best to please everyone. It was really hard as I am not an extrovert. I think the only way to really survive is to be yourself. It may sound like a cliche but it is still the best way to go. :)

3. STRESS
Things are piling up as you are still in the stage of discovering how to do this and that. Plus the expectations you are managing from your boss, co-workers within and outside your department.

Another type of stress is the culture of the company. It is something that is very important and normally taken forgranted by people who are new in the BIG world. It is a stress which cannot be resolved immediately but can be reduced by diverting your attention to other things.

To be continued... ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment